I didn’t mean at 3 a.m. But that’s when I did it. I had meant to take ‘before and after’ photos, but I forgot until I had deconstructed the book.
So you will have to imagine a rather lumpy loop of beads down the left hand side.
I used a long stitch binding from Alisa Golden’s ‘Creating Handmade Books’, although I modified it in the rebind, to make it a bit firmer.
The pages are made of various papers, mostly the wax batik technique from ‘Contemporary Textiles’. Unfortunately I cut the pages a bit small.
This was the image I started with – a building at the Weald and Downland Museum.
Some time ago I changed it to black and white and used ‘Amazing Circles’ at Dumpr to do this.
I've posted before about the Hockneyizer. So I Hockneyized it. Looks a bit unstable now!
And then for good measure I Warholized it.
And I’ve just discovered picnik, which lets you do other interesting things with your pictures. Like this.
This was another suggestion from Contemporary Textiles – Sue gave us a lot to do this time. [I haven't got round to the hammering yet.]
The burned papers became pages in this. [Lest you think I have been remarkably productive, the covers were already made.] The papers made me think of the sea so I used a stick binding [but it’s really a bit of beach-combed twine] and some shells.