'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Not much junk this week...

Only two items, but for once in compatible sizes - the junk food flier was three times the size of the lawn care card, which was very convenient.

This is a variation of Alisa Golden's 'house book', except that the way I made it, it's more like a chalet bungalow with dormer windows.


In other news, we went down to Walford Mill yesterday, for a nice lunch, to see the current exhibition, and to pick up the two Adam Buick moon jars we bought from the last show.

Here are our his and hers moon jags, with our paloma blanca, a lovely gift from Cheese Major's senora's parents.

 

We got a right Royal welcome at Walford, as you can see. Paper sculpture by Peter Rush.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Last Glove continues slowly. I have not had to unpick the last two pattern rounds, but only because I count stitches religiously for every increase and decrease section - and even it's not perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I keep looking at it and thinking:

  1. I should be using a bigger needle to get a softer fabric.
  2. I should decrease the number of plain rows between the pattern rows to make it lacked.
  3. I should switch to a longer needle.

But:

  1. I am not unpicking it for a third time.
  2. Given the time and effort it takes me to get 1 pattern row in 8 right, anything less would take forever and drive me nuts.
  3. This I can do.

One out of three ain't bad!

 

No comments: