OK – not very much of it – but I am back in the mood, after finishing this [sorry about the c**p photo] and running up a bag from the leftovers for the recipient’s big sister.
I rolled a few envelopes – not many this week, POT has only grown by a couple of inches – although it depends whether I measure him contracted or extended. Doesn't it always?
I played around in my sketchbook – I like the yellow pages stripes on the left, which I may translate into tubes – if i can work out how to tie them together.
And I finished some plastic tubes I started the last time I was in college, nearly three weeks ago – except I then decided they needed wrapping with shrink wrap, heat gunning, soldering and rubbing with black paint – original in the middle, zapped on the right, painted on the left. For some reason W. says the last one looks Japanese. I just think it’s a lot more interesting than the virgin one in the middle.
So far I’ve only done the one – but intend to tackle the others tomorrow.
Plus I've done a bit of paperwork, and got ready for college [not difficult as I didn’t really unpack after my last visit…]
And as the icing on the cake, I’ve found some good examples for contextualisation – now to Google the maker, Dorothy Liebes and ‘rigid weft’ weaving.