'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 18 September 2009

Thank you

for your kind comments on my good news yesterday – you can be sure I will blog about it! Unfortunately I shall miss the first session due to a long standing commitment – but from 14th October on, you should get weekly witterings on the subject.

And thanks too, to Julie, for identifying yesterday’s plant as toadflax. I Googled and it definitely was – so named, allegedly, for it’s resemblance to a toad and flax. Obviously.

After all yesterday’s excitement it has been a quiIMG_8449et day today. A little charity shopping produced these two. [I’m not intending to do any church embroidery but some of the designs are stunning and if I ever need to make an alb or a chasuble, I now know how to.]

The other is the well-illustrated catalogue of an exhibition, in 2001 in Dorset, which I’m sorry I missed.

sept '091

I’m cheating a bit with today’s flower because, as you can see, it’s not a flower – although it was once. W. found it on the pavement so I scanned it in grey scale, and tinted and collaged it in Picasa [I couldn’t resist a bit of image manipulation].

For those who haven’t guessed – it’s an unusually flat conker – and for those who don’t know hat a conker is, it is the fruit/nut [?] of a horse chestnut. Beautiful moiré patterns, and I like the shadows which resulted from scanning it.

No comments: