'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Playing around...

with this - my old fashioned hussif made using old
 fashioned [and old] transfers. As always when I end up making something like this, I end up with a list of 'if onlys' - if only I had measured my scissors before I made the scissor pocket - it's too big for my small  scissors and too small for my big scissors. Maybe I'll have to buy a middle sized pair? If only I hadn't  rounded the corners, so I didn't have to make bias binding which took two attempts to apply even reasonably well. But I loved doing the old fashioned embroidery, [so much so that I've started another one] and my satin stitch is much better than it was. Not good, mind, just better...

I have also been playing around with the new toy. A while ago I discovered Dave Loveland's I365 project, fascinating to one who enjoys mucking about with photographs, but at the time I didn't have the technology. Now I have, I've been trying out some of his recipes.


This is my version of his recipe for the 8th May, 'Threesome'. I know they look a bit like cigarette ends, but it is actually the ash from 'Ashes to Ashes'.

It's been fun to follow Loveland's recommendations, although it does tend to lead to spending money in the sweetie shop that is the app store.

Tomorrow we resume our grandparent duties, as Babybel and VHC's mummy has gone back to work, but after that I know I have to get back down to college work after this little holiday.

No comments: