'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 11 April 2008

" I can gather all the news I need on the weather report'"

I don’t know why I am so fascinated by the odd weather we are having at the moment – may be in my genes, as my father was a meteorologist, albeit only circa 1939 – 45.

Today we woke up to bright sunshine – a beautiful spring day. At lunchtime it began to hail heavily, for about half an hour. The front garden looked like this.


And the metre piece looked like this.

And now [4 pm] the sun is shining again!

I am probably wittering on about the weather because nothing much creative is happening chez Cheese – well, Wensleydale is making boards for posters for the local election but I’m not sure whether that counts. I am procrastinating about getting started sampling for the 3D piece. My friend A. kindly lent me her silk painting frame, so I must get on with it before college starts again. Put it down to sheer, unadulterated fear!

I know I will feel much better once I have got started, and I am planning to do so tomorrow. Promise!

No comments: