'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 23 May 2008

It's official

I am no longer making a lampshade. Unfortunately the teacher felt that a book would not fit C&G criteria, since it is not a ‘household object’. [They are in this household – we probably have more books than any other object]. However we compromised on a box.

I came home from college early, found my books on making boxes, and by the time Wensleydale got back from governing I had decided what I wanted to do. One like this – only rectangular, rust coloured and [probably] shallower.

I had one of my bouts of insomnia this morning so by breakfast time I had found the fabrics and card I need and painted some more silk. Procrastination? What’s that?

Of course I have run out of steam now…

Not much will get done tomorrow as we are off to see Mr and Mrs Cheese Minor and Charlotte [a.k.a. Babybel]. Just to prove that I have kept busy while I have been procrastinating about the lampshade, I am taking this with us. I think it will be a little big for her, but I am sure she will grow into it.

As usual Wensleydale will be helping with plumbing while I play with the baby – seems fair to me!

No comments: