'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Rabbits!

IMG_0655

No, I'm not under the mistaken impression that it’s the first of the month. I’ve just spent a lazy afternoon getting started on these. I’m suffering from the combined effects of a cold, which seems to be completely unaffected by Lemsip, and two nights of not sleeping as a result of the cold which is completely unaffected by Lemsip. So when I found these I decided they were exactly the sort of thing an under-the-weather granny could make for her favourite granddaughter for Easter.

As you can see mine haven’t yet acquired their noses or tails, but I hope to get those finished this evening. There is a fourth one to stitch up as well.

everyday1

I have also found the energy to play around with some photos of everyday objects, in preparation for a tutorial tomorrow.  That strange spotty thing at the top is the shower head – picture me, if you will, sitting in the [empty] bath, fully clothed, to photograph the taps, and then peering upwards at the shower head.

Will this all lead into an embroidery? Who knows – but I like the images [and remember I don’t ‘do’ representational stuff].

 

1 comment:

JP said...

love the rabbits and the shower!