'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 16 April 2010

No news is good news …

at least this time. I haven’t posted for a while because not much has been happening at Cheese Acres. I’ve assembled all I need to hand in for the postponed Drawing Studies module net week, but not much embroidery has taken place since I completed the samples for the 2D module. I have done some knitting, but nothing very photogenic.

We have as much time as possible outside enjoying the peaceful [plane-free] sunshine. After seeing his consultant again this week Wensleydale has been provided with a pair of crutches, which he is having to get used to using again, about 50 years after he last used a pair.  However they have increased his mobility to a level which just about matches my post-chest-infection-from-hell stamina [hereinafter known as CIFH], so we have been pottering slowly round some of our favourite places before staggering into the nearest tea shop for medicinal tea and cake.

 april 2010

Today’s outing was to the Hillier Gardens, which is full of lovely spring flowers – small sample on the left. As you can see the sun was shining despite the Icelandic volcano dust which has kept the planes away. I have been warned that a book i ordered from the US may not arrive for a while – but hey, I can wait!

No comments: