'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 17 September 2010

Getting down to glueing.

image

 

As a penance for ducking out of going to the gym [bad Cheshire!] I made myself get on with the Cas Holmes/India inspired piece.

In the end I didn’t do any painting, but there was a lot of glue.

The top image in the collage is the first layer, which is paper glued to the hand-dyed, failed-image-transferred fabric. I used some of the paper I stamped earlier, plus some Indian paper. [Note to self: the stitching on Indian paper is chain stitch and comes undone very easily when you are trying to tear the edges.]

The middle picture is after the second layer of bits of fabric from the scrap box [I think I am finally getting to the end of the samples from my C&G gold work cushions.] There are also some of those Indian ‘jewels’ from Glitterati’s mixed goodies packs, which I never know what to do with. Not sure if they’ll stay stuck but they are covered by the final [?] layer of sheers, as seen – or not – in the bottom picture.

The sheers went transparent when I glued them, so it probably doesn’t look any different from the previous one, apart from  the glitter. I bought some Early Learning Centre glitter glue for Babybel but it was rather too gloopy for her use. It’s probably too gloopy for her gran’s use as well, but I dribbled some on and brushed it out – and it looks quite good.

This was destined to be cut up and turned into book pages but Wensleydale doesn’t want me to do that with it – have to see what it looks like when it all dries, about a week next Sunday, after all the glue I put on.

I had a moment of panic this morning when I couldn’t find the bit of paper I thought I had telling me what I needed for the first day of college next Wednesday - [getting ready for college being procrastination about starting the glueing, you understand.]

But then I got an e-mail from college, so I decided I hadn’t lost it after all.

Got most of the stuff but the sewing machine is in for service, nor do I have any ‘Ideas for 3D piece … e.g. shells, fruit etc.’  I guess it will be shells, then.

We are also instructed to bring our 100 drawings for handing in. No one said anything about handing them in!!! In that case I want to add an explanation of my agonising over ‘what is a drawing’ – so I’m procrastinating over that by writing this …

No comments: