'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 6 April 2011

An insomniac night…

and an interesting day.

For once I put the insomnia to goimageod use.

First, another variation on the accordion spine with holes in the pages – mostly made from envelopes. And interesting shadows, again.

 

 

image Second, a copy of something I saw on a website – and apologies if it was yours, because once again I’ve forgotten where I found it. A tiny Japanese bound book in a matchbox – cover and pages made from collagraphed newspaper.

Interesting that something that small needs lots more stitches to look right, than I would put in a much bigger book.

And finally – a quick alteration of one of my altered photographs, and its inspiration – a postcard I found in a second hand book, of windows in Glasgow Cathedral.IMG_4993

I got lazy and punched the holes in the top, rather than cutting them out – the black marks are my doodling. An idea which needs work, I think - perhaps printing on acetate and mounting in black card windows?

College was interesting today, because, despite having been married for nearly 40 years, and having two sons, I can safely say I have never looked so long or so intensively at a man with no clothes on.

Yes. Life drawing. And I enjoyed it. Even the last hour when I was drawing the gentleman in a pose where he was lying down on his back with his feet closest to me and his head all but hidden.

Like I said – interesting. [Never have we been so quiet. We were concentrating, of course.]

No pictures, though, IMG_5024I don’t want this blog X-rated.

I can show you some of the photos I took in the lunch break, though.

Bluebells 

 

 

 

 

IMG_5015

and litter. Do you think this is becoming something of a fixation?

No comments: