'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 10 March 2012

Off with the old

i.e. Prayer Flags – and on with the new – which will be lots of one of these. image Probably the multicoloured one in the foreground, which was made of pages from an old ‘Great Art’ catalogue. Which suggests an interesting title if I follow my usual naming practice. Modesty suggests that I add a question mark…

Mmm – 312 pages in the catalogue, 6 pages per shape [anyone out there who remembers their maths better than I do and knows what this shape is called?] = 50+ of them. Wonder if I'll run out of patience or pages first – and is there a tree big enough? Though as I'm not good on ladders, I could break the habit of a lifetime and just pile them on the grass.

image

 

 

 

Of course, if I do decide to use the catalogue pages, I won’t need to colour them with these rather nice looking naturally coloured paints, which arrived today – but I’m sure I'll find something to do with them. The palette is just a little bit bigger than a Koh-i-noor palette, better quality – and three times the price.image

 

 

 

I seem to have been a bit quiet about my weekly photographs, but I have been carrying on with them, even last week when it was about all I could do. I wasn’t due to take any today, but it was so lovely I decided to take POT out for an airing, and photograph him in the only place where there's enough room to spread him out in all his glory. He is now about 3 metres long and 1.8 kilos in weight – two thirds of the way towards completion, so I don’t think he’ll make 7 metres as I’d hoped– but still quite impressive.

No comments: