'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 8 February 2008

What I did yesterday






Well - some of the things I did yesterday.

First – I took some photos of the leaves in daylight.

You may have noticed that I have moved them since I took the night time photographs. There are cup hooks screwed into the rafters of our conservatory to hold up the fairy lights, which are the brown things you can see on either side at the top. [A kind gift some years ago from son # 2.]

Wensleydale suggested that I move the hanging to the next rafter, which puts it fully in front of a window. I am still not happy with the weedy tassels but I think I have a solution – Superglue. I shall experiment when I feel strong enough [Superglue? Embroidery? Shudder!]

I have discovered another design flaw. The glitter in some of the little parcels has sunk to the bottom – like snow globes that need shaking!

The second thing I did yesterday was at college – I tried screen printing for the first time. I have to confess that I have had a screen for some time, bought on special offer from Fibrecrafts, but never got round to trying it. Why didn’t anyone tell me how much fun it was? Messy – but fun! Unfortunately I don’t have anywhere at home where I can make mess on such a large scale, [shut up any sons who are reading this] so I shall have to wait until the weather gets better and I can use the garden. Let’s just hope we don’t have another summer like the last one…

So here are pictures of my efforts. As usual, there are some trees. I like trees. Unfortunately there was some slippage but I still like it.


The other used torn newspaper as a stencil – something I saw on the web somewhere. The design is not brilliant, but I shall try it again with a bit more forethought.

The other good thing which happened last night was that our teacher told us she will be running her master class next year - a fortnightly meeting for those who have completed C&G. I had been wondering what I would do when I finished – after doing C&G for four years it would leave a big gap!

Today as been spent making the book of the hanging. It is nearly finished but we have a Saturday school so may not get done tomorrow.

No comments: