'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 30 March 2008

The mock Picasso is finished -

which means that I have completed all of my eight constructed samples - just the 3D piece to go - unless a rewrite of the history of embroidery is called for. [Never mind the quality - feel the weight!]




It is a habit of mine to scan my work in grey scale and black and white as well as colour - sometimes the scans provide more ideas for designs. Not sure what I could do with these, though.

I was hoping to show you how a black and white [well - mostly black] scan led into a piece - but I can't find my pictures of either - so perhaps tomorrow.

I spent yesterday afternoon on the second phase of the great work room re-organisation - no pictures of that either, I'm afraid. It is tidier, but the new units did not swallow as much junk as i had hoped, so still not the neat oasis of calm I had envisaged. [I can hear my sons' laughter from here - assuming they are still reading ...] However - I can now see much more of the floor!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Your Tiny Princes is 4 days older than the Tiny Prince!

Small world.

Heather Pregger said...

Celia, I love your mock Picasso! And I will try scanning my working in gray scale -- it's a very good idea.

Your granddaughter is beautiful!