'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 22 June 2008

1.33 FO's

First – the latest baby cardigan. At the moment these are fulfilling my need for more-or-less instant gratification. Yes – I could sew baby clothes – and before Babybel was born I fully intended to – but the local charity shops have beautiful children’s clothes for a lot less than it would cost to make them. [Baby sized Levi’s jacket for £1.99? Hand smocked dress, originally from M&S for £2.99?]

However they don’t seem to have cardigans and as Babybel’s mum finds them useful – cardies will be knitted until I get bored or someone tells me to stop. And the great thing about knitting for babies is that provided you don’t make them too small, they’ll fit sooner or later. I am making them a bit longer than usual though because she’s a looong baby.






The third of an FO [perhaps] is this bit of the hanging. This piece has 6 of the 9 techniques / materials we need to include:









A sheer, foil [which is actually multicoloured] and fibres.










Tyvek





Metal. This is one bit which may not be finished – I think it needs more stitch but I’m not sure what. Any suggestions gratefully received! [The beads are not really that dark.]







Paintsticks



And a silk rod which wasn’t one of the requirements but it wanted to join the party.

No comments: