However the box has been approved -good job really as I definitely don’t have time to start again!
The teacher made one suggestion, the addition of a machine cord [like the stems of the leaf spray] round the base of the box. You can just about see it here.
I had been thinking that the sides looked a bit unfinished, and the cord solves that problem. It also hides the dodgy sewing joining the sides and the base. Even using a curved needle didn't help much.
It dawned on me part way round that if I had used the same thread I had used to wrap the machine cord to sew it on with – the join would have been invisible. [I had deliberately chosen a different thread, as I wanted it to show.]
The unfinished bit that you can’t see is the lining. I’ve started on it today, but got a bit frustrated because I cut the lining base card about 1/8th of an inch too small, thinking the felt padding would fill the gap. And it didn’t. So I shall have to take the lining fabric off and stretch it over a bigger piece of card.
[Apologies to at least one of my readers who doesn't do imperial measurements. that's about 0.5 cm - but I was using my imperial quilting rulers.]
It will be even more infuriating when it turns up a week after the college exhibition…