This is part of the west front of Salisbury. Well, I think it's the west front, I'm vague about such things ...
This is the stamp it inspired.
And some reflections. One new ecclesiastical stamp tomorrow and then something completely different for March.
This is my little orange book [it's about 3.5" by 5"], retrieved from the book press, although it still doesn't want to lie completely flat. It is just a simple 3 hole pamphlet stitch, but I did get a bit carried away with the ends of the thread.
And below is a successful experiment with transfer dyes. For some reason I have a lot of short lengths of satin ribbon - undoubtedly polyester - so I put them on a piece of baking parchment and ironed dye onto them.
I laid the first lot straight - you can see the effect on the parchment paper underneath. Stripy paper.
So I did the next lot on a piece of fabric, and just let the ribbons fall where they wanted to.
This is the fabric afterwards.