'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 15 February 2009

I hadn't forgotten my Blue book

You may remember this piece which I started a while ago for the blue book, using an image of lichens printed on hand made paper. It had been sitting in my work basket under several other things [a bit like my in-tray when I was working!] It has come to the top and I have added some detached chain stitches, inspired by a picture of paving stones on Jackie's blog.
It is 'only a sample' which allowed me to explore an unusual colour scheme - but I don't know if it's finished! Do you think I should leave it as it is - or add somethings else? And if so, what?

Today's stamp is another geometric design. I like the way the outermost curves form a circle when the tiles are grouped together.



I discovered that the larger of my craft stamps work on fun foam, which was a much easier way of producing the central flower than cutting it out with the craft knife. It was difficult to get the negative version laid out exactly - one drawback of carpet tape is that once you've put the foam on it it is very difficult to reposition it - the foam tends to stretch if you try.


I played around with the counter change of colours - white ink [although it looks blue] on black paper and black ink on white paper. I also tried with the negative stamp but the result doesn't look much different to this.






No comments: