'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 20 December 2010

Celebrations and samples.

Wensleydale’s birthday bash was very enjoyable – good food, though I sez it meself as shouldn’t, good company and good conversationIMG_4254.

And good drawing.

This is the only photo I took all day, so I have none of the birthday boy, or of the good time had in the garden by the more energetic guests, with one very old toboggan and a lot of snow.

I even forgot to photograph W’s two birthday cakes – one from me, one from Babybel [with a little bit of help from her mum]. Hers was yummy cherry and almond, this was mine, almost as yummy!

Today it snowed again, despite the forecast, so I ducked out of going to the gym again and tidied my work room [putting away the fabrics left over from the 3D samples]. Once I could see the floor I played around with some ideas for the real 3D piece.  

The words ‘everyday treasures’ keep going througIMG_4258h my head, so I’m exploring ways of expressing that, using very ordinary materials to make little ‘treasures’ - which will go into a ‘treasure chest’, obviously.

I also keep thinking about amulets – too much reading Sheila Paine - so here we have a God’s Eye made with the backs of envelopes and string. [As you can see, I didn’t quite get round to vacuuming the floor…]

That led to a stitched version, top left here. IMG_4255The other pieces are experiments with painted brown paper, although I have changed my mind about using that. Of course, I could well change it back…

IMG_4260

This is a work in progress – buttonholed rubber bands  -the tape measure is to give an idea of scale. 

No idea whether these ideas, specific or general, will work out, but it is enjoyable fiddling about – and after icing the Christmas cake tomorrow, I shall return to playing.

1 comment:

JP said...

glad you had a good time and have time to play as well!