'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 24 January 2008

Joggles class


I am taking Sue Bleiweiss’s ‘Mixed Media Surfaces’ class at Joggles,

http://www.joggles.com/

and this is my first effort. The scan doesn’t really do it justice – it’s quite subtle [especially for me]. I used gold and pale turquoise tissue paper, and then some sparkly watercolour paints from the Works – a knock off of sparkling H2Os, I think.

Curiously, when it dried, it looked more silver than gold so I have added silver acrylic and silver glitter glue.

There are another three parts to this lesson, and I hope to get another started this afternoon. This is one of those courses that makes you use all the supplies you bought on impulse and then didn’t quite know what to do with …

No comments: