'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 17 January 2008

What I saw out of the window this morning


I do not like winter - even here in the south where we rarely have any snow. I hate the long dark nights, even though, now I am retired, I don't have to go to work and come back from work in the dark.
Any sign of Spring, like these snowdrops, is welcomed with joy - even if they were blowing in the wind and sprinkled with raindrops.
I believe Spring is really on its way when our flowering cherry blooms. It is one of the biggest and earliest in the area, and it really cheers me up. I will try to remember to post a picture when it flowers.
i used to wonder why so many textile blogs were filled with pictures of flowers - but I think we are sharing the things that inspire us. With me, however, it is more likely to be pictures of trees ...

1 comment:

quirkyartist said...

Here in Sydney wehre it is supposed to be summer all the flowers are also blowing in the wind & sprinkled with raindrops.