'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 21 January 2008

Wall hanging


Thank you to the kind person who suggested I installed a counter - I am gobsmacked that so many people have been to look at my blog. They can't all have been family [I bet none of them were family, they get enough of my wittering face to face!]
I thought I would put up a picture of my last C&G piece, the wall hanging. For those not familiar with C&G, you are required to make 4 finished pieces, and for Part 2 they are a wall hanging, a gold work piece, a metre long piece and a 3D piece - I think, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
So this is my wall hanging. It was inspired by a Kandinsky painting called 'Colour Study in Squares'. To give you an idea of scale, the larger discs are junk CDs and the smaller ones minidiscs. The minidiscs were kindly donated by my friend Anne, as that is one of many examples of modern technology that has passed me by.
Some of the left overs from the wall hanging were used for the danglies, but I still have a lot left. Perhaps a few more danglies are called for?

5 comments:

Kentish Maid said...

Hi Celia
Just to let you know I have nominated your blog for the Make my Day award. I've only been reading it for a couple of weeks, but I really enjoy it. The lovely picture of your granddaughter always makes me smile.
Sheila

Cda00uk said...

Thanks very much, Sheila - although I think you ought to nomnate Charlotte, not me!

Celia

Leah & Robin Darbyshire said...

Hey Mum. Some of your family do read your blog so nah nah. Thank you for posting the photo of Charlotte. As a proud dad I love to show her off!

quirkyartist said...

I love to see what you're doing. Such interesting work. I'm envious.
It's good to have a counter. The one I have tells which country people come from & that's even more interesting.

Lesley said...

Yes, your blog is definitely read by people who are not family! I followed the link in Sheila's blog, so it is the first time I have visited, and it certainly won't be the last. Love the wall-hanging. Lesley