I have mentioned the Hockneyizer before, so I thought I would try it on my passion flower image.
This is the ‘joiner' version. I like this effect, although it is hard to know how to use it in textiles, apart perhaps from weaving one print of the original image through another.
And because I can’t resist a bit of saturation, this is the image repeatedly saturated, warmified and sharpened in Picasa. I think this is a much more interesting image for textiles – FME, perhaps, or appliqué with hand-dyes.
And just for good measure - maximum highlights and shadows in the ‘Tuning’ menu in Picasa – I love this hint of colour -
and the same image in black and white for Wil – whose quilt I must remember to look out for tomorrow …
The Hockneyizer will also make a Polaroid version, which I don’t like as much. I don’t like the layout either, although I think you can shuffle it.
You can change the number of Polaroids but you still seem to lose the centre of the image to white space.
When I was surfing on Monday night I came across lunapic, which offers a similar effect which they call Photo Spread. I prefer this version – although the colour isn’t so good and you don’t get the characteristic Polaroid borders, you do get more of the centre of the image.
Not sure what I would do with it textile-wise, though!
Lunapic has a rather old fashioned look to it, and its ‘undo’ takes a bit of getting used to, but it has a lot of effects, to which I shall return – you have been warned!
For a change, I spent the afternoon book making. Coincidentally I had painted some sort-of-graffiti papers before we went to the Banksy exhibition, so although I don’t think he does that sort of graffiti, I decided to use them to make a sketchbook for my Banksy study for college.
All I need to do now is to put something in it – apart from my photos and postcards, that is. I think I need to learn how to make stencils …