'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 11 August 2009

When I got up this morning

I was going to spend the day splashing paint on paper – apart from a quick visit to Hobbycraft.

Well – I managed the trip to Hobbycraft [half litre pots ofIMG_7932 Daler-Rowney System 3 at half price – not what I went for but I stocked up, none the less!]

And I did manage to spray some stencils on these, inspired by an article by Alisa Burke in an old ‘Cloth Paper Scissors’. If you think they look like graffiti – they’re meant to. Some more layers to add and then they’ll become book pages.

 

august '092 But I spent most of the morning playing around in one of the books I posted about in July. The interior now looks like this. Paint, stitch, felt tip, holes, and silk organza starched until it almost stands up by itself.

This is not meant to look like graffiti.

Some of it works better than other bits – but I enjoyed all of it.

 

And now, for a change – a Paint Shopped and cropped plank instead of a Picwood10 (2aniked plank. I can’t remember which effect I used to get this – but  I like it. It reminds me of hand dyed fabric, of the random sort which I love to produce and then can’t think what to do with – although I have got beyond the stage of thinking my own hand dye is too precious to use. I find you get beyond being precious about it when you’ve got several large tubs full.

No comments: