'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 13 October 2010

First things first.

I’ve had a lot of nice comments recently and I have neglected to thank everyone who commented – so ‘Thank you very much’!

Second things second. I’ve been a bit quiet because we have beenimage a bit busy. Sunday was Mr Cheddar’s birthday bash, and we all went to Hollycombe so he [and the rest of us] could get our fix of steam. Babybel adored it – if there had been a few cows as well as the donkeys, the peacocks, the pony and all the steam propelled rides, it would have been perfect. You can see how glorious the weather was!

Gran got to go on the gallopers, which are the only fairground ride she actually likes, having low tolerance for everything else that goes round in circles and a lousy head for heights. And we all enjoyed being steam-hauled in different ways.

Monday was spent recovering from Sunday and doing things like shopping and tidying, and Tuesday is, as you know, the new Thursday [Babybel took us to Manor Farm again], so not much creative happened on those days.

Today was back to college. We started with an introduction to module 8, which is an essay and presentation on one or more contemporary textile artists of our choice. I shouldn’t worry about this – I've written plenty of essays in my time and taught for a couple of decades, off and on – but it still seems a bit scary – and I am swithering about who to choose. I have about a dozen ideas, although at the moment Susie MacMurray is in the lead.

3D5

This afternoon we made wire masks. It was more fun than I expected it to be, but I'm fairly sure I won’t be doing it again in a hurry.

After all that, I'm just in the mood to loll on the sofa with a small glass of something cold and white and watch my favourite televisual wallpaper. ‘Midsomer Murders’. Total rubbish but I like it!

No comments: