'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 20 June 2011

It’s been a long, tiring day

and today’s photo challenge was particularly challenging – so I’m not sorry that I cheated a bit with it – well, quite a lot really.

image

So here’s one I made earlier.

The challenge was ‘bokeh’ – which I had to Google – and I’m still not sure if it means an out of focus background, or those circular blobs, or both, or neither.

I did try a couple of tutorials on how to make your own bokeh backgrounds but they were written for Photoshop, and I couldn’t get my brain round them for PSE – so the first cheat was to use a pre-made texture I found on the web. Well, the second cheat, I suppose, as I could have tried to take a bokeh photo with my camera instead of Photoshopping it. Yeh, right.

So this is the view of the Needles from Highlife Castle, with added blobby bits, and a darkish filter to make it look mysterious.

If I'd made it even earlier I could have cheated even more and used it for ‘silhouette’ as well…

No comments: