but BT had other plans for me. No internet connection. I had two different explanations from 2 different gentlemen in India, and finally got it back after 48 hours. For now – so I’m making the most of it.
Mind you, not a lot has been happening at Cheese Acres. Apart from the big thing, of course – although at 7lb something he’s a bit smaller than his sister was.
Here he is at about 18 hours old
and this afternoon [counts on fingers] at 5 days.
The considered opinion is that he looks like Wensleydale, but with slightly more hair.
- In the intervals between admiring babies and their big sisters, I’ve been:
- 1. photographing sunsets [followed by pouring rain which knocks one old adage on the head],
3. drawing squiggles to make Photoshop brushes – although I haven’t yet made the brushes,
4. doing some old fashioned embroidery on one of the pieces of needlepoint canvas I bubblejetsetted and printed,
And - of course -
5. watching the repeat of ‘The Killing’* on BBC4 at 10pm on most nights of the week. Just as gripping, just as brilliantly acted, but with the benefit of knowing whodunnit you notice nuances of his performance you didn’t spot first time round.
Speaking of which - a belated anniversary present to W.
* NB – the original, not the US remake, which we couldn’t bring ourselves to watch. How do you follow perfection?