'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Reaching the finish...

and starting afresh.


I've finished one small repetitious object - another 'metal' page, consisting of several tarnished curtain rings, some lurex thread and some foil, on my last bit of rather nice fake suede.




















And one rather larger one - the subtitle-reading-knitting blanket, which ended up not quite big enough to cover me from head to toe, but close. The two cones are all the wool I had left over from the several cones and odd balls I started with. 


Wensleydale said if we had two, we wouldn't need to turn the heating on in the winter. (You can tell he's a Yorkshireman, can't you?)








However I do happen to have a few cones of green, and BBC4 is still showing Scandidrama - although rumour has it they have something Flemish lined up for us next. 


Why has this woman got some much Shetland wool? I hear you ask. Well, I used to have a knitting machine or three, but when I got rid of them I kept the wool, on the foolish assumption that I would hand knit some sweaters. In 4ply. Yeh, right. Using it four strands at a time, even to make blankets, is more my thing these days - and when it gets big enough it keeps you warm while you knit!



No comments: