'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 26 February 2010

Not waving but drowning …

IMG_0493

under the volume of paper I've collected during the past few months of drawing studies, and which I've got to find, mount and assemble in some sort of order before the hand-in date. Then I have to find my sketchbooks,  write the dreaded evaluation, add some sort of discussion about artists' use of sketchbooks, hand it all in and breathe a sigh of relief, because that will be the last deadline – for a while.

 

So of course I started by making a couple of portfolios.

You didn’t think those holdalls I bought from Artesaver were for handing in work, did you? They are for storing work before I hand it in – or when I’m pretending it doesn’t exist.

IMG_0491

These are for handing in.

Yes, I have made a couple of portfolios already – but those were for the stitch and print samples. These are for the drawing samples.

Confused? – so am I.

Anyway, they are different sizes, so I now have a full set, A1 to A4. No, I’m not going to make an A5 one, that would be silly. I am wondering whether I need a bag to hold the sketchbooks and booklets I’ve made, though ….

Procrastinating? Never!

Of course it would have been perfectly acceptable to hand everything in in polyholdalls – but where’s the fun in that?IMG_0496

Do I need to get a life? Definitely.

In another part of the forest, daffodils are blooming. Well, I think they are daffodils. We all need a sign of spring.

No comments: