'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 11 November 2010

Parcels all round

IMG_3400

Someone very important has a birthday tomorrow.

This is just what she is getting from granny and grangrad. [Yes, there are a lot of thin flat rectangular parcels – her granny thinks you can never have too many books.]

Granny also got a parcel today – a bit heavier but much less exciting. Yes – the slow cooker has arrived!

Although I’ve been frustrated by Amazon’s ‘Express’ Delivery, their customer service has been prompt and efficient – after I emailed quite late on Wednesday to say the cooker still hadn’t arrived, I got a very quick reply to say another one was on it’s way, expected delivery date 12th November.

So getting it on the 11th was a bit of a surprise. [It is the second one, not the first, I checked the despatch date on the parcel.] The Logistics Manager in the family reckons the first one probably ‘fell off the back of a lorry’, if you know what I mean.

Ironically, if I read the labelling on the packaging correctly, it was imported through Southampton before being sent to Scotland and then back to Hampshire. I should have gone down to the docks and demanded they opened a container – or maybe not …

Nothing to show from college yesterday as it was a lecture + ‘work on your 3D pieces while everyone else has tutorials’. Of course muggins, who had nothing in a suitable state to take to work on, drew the short straw and got the penultimate tutorial spot.

My knitting grew quite considerably.

However, when I eventually got to be tutored, nice things were said about my choice of research topic [Susie MacMurray] my research proposal, and the selection of 3D bits I’d taken in to be inspected. I am now officially allowed to go on make very peculiar bits of nothing out of very peculiar materials. You have been warned…

IMG_3405

Speaking of peculiar 3D things, Rambo the dodo phoenix is nearly finished. He needs some eyes and, I think, a little jewellery. And then he needs attaching to the nest/flames on which he is sitting as he has a tendency to fall over.

I don’t like stuffies, but I like Rambo – I suppose it’s different when it’s your own child! [And his feet do remind me of the Logistics Manager …]

No comments: