'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 28 November 2010

Brrrr!

IMG_3534

This is what a combination of sub-zero temperatures and a leaking overflow pipe will give you – roof to ground icicles.

I suppose it is a good thing really, as the water had obviously been trickling down behind the rampant ivy and we wouldn’t have noticed it otherwise.

 

image

 

 

The weather meant it was a good day to stay in and be creative. Here’s something I knocked up on the back of an old envelope or two. These were stamps I made in my Tamsin Van Essen phase, plus a blue ink pad and some blue patterned security envelopes, in the still life sketchbook. Love those envelopes – wonder how well they take stitch?

 IMG_3547

And while I was at it – grey security envelopes in the landscape sketchbook – sorry about the camera flare.

 

 

I was about to write ‘definitely better than paperwork’ - when it dawned on me that it is paperwork…

No comments: