'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 27 November 2009

Contemporary Textiles

The second workshop was today – but it was more about paper than textiles, at least for me. Unless paper is a textile? Photos tomorrow – I realise I keep promising that but by the time I sit down to type this I’m too lazy to get up and take photos. Five times this week we’ve had to set the alarm in the morning – it’s as bad as being at work. [OK, most of the time I’m going to make breakfast at the time I would have been at work…]

I took the CT book I've been showing you, and nice things were said about it – even about the bits I hated. And a couple of suggestions from one of the teachers made me think I may have the beginnings of the inkling of the germ of an idea where this is going – and how it might link back to Banksy and lead to degree level work – which has got to be good.

Of course I could wake up tomorrow [another alarm morning] and decide it is a very bad beginning, inkling, germ or idea.

IMG_9136

So, as a kind of celebration, here is the last page of the book. A pocket made from a bit of stamping, some painted papers which didn’t make it into the book, and the pattern pieces for the 3D fish – which didn’t go to the workshop.

Mmm – have to think of something else for tomorrow’s photo …

No comments: