The end is this – the fossil fish. I finally plucked up the courage to add a little colour to the fish itself. In the end I used soluble crayon instead of paint, and I'm pleased with the more muted colour it gave me.
This is the intermediate step – also soluble crayon, on Vilene interfacing [not craft Vilene].
It is to make a backing for this, which is another piece from Contemporary Textiles on Friday. More tissue paper, pasted to an A3 photocopy of the scratched photograph. Hopefully it will uncurl by the time I've added some stitch and the backing.
This page from my C&G sketchbook continues the Kandinsky theme. Drawing with oil pastel on the left, and printing with white paint and a variety of circular things on the right.