'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 29 November 2009

An end – and an intermediate step.

IMG_9433

The end is this – the fossil fish. I finally plucked up the courage to add a little colour to the fish itself. In the end I used soluble crayon instead of paint, and I'm pleased with the more muted colour it gave me.IMG_9431

This is the intermediate step – also soluble crayon, on Vilene interfacing [not craft Vilene].

 

 

IMG_9369

It is to make a backing for this, which is another piece from Contemporary Textiles on Friday. More tissue paper, pasted to an A3 photocopy of the scratched photograph. Hopefully it will uncurl by the time I've added some stitch and the backing.

IMG_9377

This page from my C&G sketchbook continues the Kandinsky theme.  Drawing with oil pastel on the left, and printing with white paint and a variety of circular things on the right. 

No comments: