'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 24 November 2009

It wasn’t what I intended to do today …

but inspired by the realisation that long cardigans are in fashion again, and by the arrival of a charity collecting bag in the letter box – I spent the afternoon sorting clothes.

I found that it is much easier to get rid of things when they are too big than when they are too small and you tell yourself that you will fit into them again one day.

Except in this case I can! So several old favourites have been resurrected, including two long cardis, a lot of stuff that is now too big is on its way to the Salvation Army, and there are some empty suitcases in the loft.

Then, being fed up with Internet Explorer, which keeps freezing on me, I successfully downloaded Firefox – which seems a bit slow, but so far hasn’t frozen. I downloaded Thunderbird as well but although it would download my email it wouldn’t let me read it, which rather negates the purpose, so that has been uninstalled and it’s back to Outlook.

My afternoon of drawing and making an Upsy Daisy outfit has been postponed to Thursday.

IMG_9293

Here is more madness – the completed demented kite, opposite a page sprayed with Brusho and using kebab sticks as a mask. The same kebab sticks used for the kite, as it happens.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done on fitting into your old clothes again!