'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 19 November 2009

Going and coming and coming and going …

and if you know the rest of the quote you can finish it off for yourself, although that bit doesn't apply here.

[If you don’t know the quote I suggest you get yourself a copy of ‘Blazing Saddles’ and give yourself a treat.]

Which is a long-winded preamble to saying that it’s been a busy day – and it’s not over yet.

Dentist, hygienist  and hospital for him [and for me because  I'm having to be chauffeur] -  gym for me – and again in about 2 hours.

Apart from a wander up the road to the local shops, tomorrow should be much quieter, thank goodness.IMG_9278

I did find time to make a sketchbook for Module 1 - ‘Drawing Studies’. Can’t use a boring old bought one, can I? This was made from a battered sort of box thing that a book was delivered in, sprayed with the last of my black spray paint, which is why it is a bit patchy, and then a dollop of gold webbing spray  - love that stuff. The stitching is yet another variation of a running stitch binding.

The little one is a dos-a-dos I made a while ago, which I’m using for the notes for Module 3 - ‘Fabric & Stitch’ – which has two teachers, so I’m using one end for Sue’s notes, the other for Terrie’s. I said that all books find their use eventually.

IMG_9129

Speaking of books – I'm getting to the end of the CT sketchbook. This image isn’t very clear – but the left hand side is a drizzle of a rather odd, and probably infuriating to knit with, knitting yarn sewn into a plastic pocket – which was a lot less successful than I’d hoped. The bit on the right, which is a rubbing of it, worked much better.

No comments: