'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 16 November 2009

I was going to do lots of drawing today …

but by the time I’d:

  • got up late because of an insomniac night
  • been to Sainsbury'sIMG_9271
  • painted a piece of fabric to make a ring binder cover –

 

 

IMG_9269

  • and then another bit to use up the left over paint 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_9272

  • dyed some T-shirts and tights to make an Upsy Daisy outfit 

 

 

IMG_9266
  • and sorted out my stuff for college – yes, that is a tin of emulsion paint -

 

 

 

I couldn’t have picked up a pencil.

Before anyone tells me – I know Upsy Daisy doesn't wear pink tops and tights – but I only realised that after I’d bought the dye.  Mrs Cheddar had the genius idea of stamping the daisies, and I think I have some yellow fabric paint and a daisy stamp – so that’s the next step. And one of these, in pink and white – also Mrs C’s idea.

Of course, I realised today that Sainsbury’s sell UD outfits – but where's the fun in that?

Getting ready for college reminded me of the way the bags we took  for C&G  gradually, over the four years, got bigger – and bigger – and bigger.

Week 3 of the degree and I'm already up to my two biggest bags. Strictly speaking the sewing machine [which is in the left hand bag] isn’t compulsory, but  I would still need another bag for all the things which are insulating the machine inside the bag …IMG_9265

On a more restful note – this is finished.  The first bit of stitching for the degree. Nothing official, just playing with the results of the printing session.

Mmm – I wonder what makes a life-long agnostic embroider a Madonna and child? Perhaps I think I need help?

 

IMG_9124

Here’s another sketchbook page you’ve seen before, but now with the stencil added – or, strictly speaking, the reverse of the stencil. One day I’ll get back to doing something with that idea …

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were making an Upsy Daisy outfit, but what a good idea. Unless you are making one for Wensleydale that is ;-)