'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 24 July 2010

Experimentation

which around here is a euphemism for ‘using up lots of left over paint’ [or ’things which didn’t really work’.]

IMG_2076

I tried out various Jacquard paints on various interfacings [and some bondaweb.] You will notice that I had more orange left over than anything else. I am not fond of orange …

I like the turquoise with white squiggles though.

  IMG_2073

And I used up some other Jacquard paints for printing – some of these are on the sunprints I did the other day. It was really a bit too hot for printing – the paint was drying before I’d got it on the paper.

I like the abstract blue and white one on the left – although it may get a wash of something watery on top.IMG_2072

 

I also added some pieces to the homework books. I have decided that this one can be a drawing, although it may be replaced if I actually get to 100. So that’s number 37. I think.

 

 

 

IMG_2070 I don’t know why, but number 38 feels more drawing-like – it is end-of-the-session’ hand dye [i.e. stick an odd bit of fabric in a bucket and pour all the remaining dyes and soda over it], screen print, spray paint  and stencils. O.K, it’s a bit autumnal – but I'm getting bored with ‘summer’ as a topic. [Not with summer, it’s lovely to have a proper one!]

 

 

To tell the truth, I’m getting bored with ‘drawings’ as well – I feel some book making coming on. Although they may be books with drawings in, to salve my conscience.

Off to watch the Tour de France now  - what will I do when its over?

No comments: