'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 30 July 2009

Grrr!

I’ve known for a while that although G-mail was talking to Outlook, Outlook was only talking to G-mail when it felt like it. Turns out that, for the last few days, Outlook was telling me it had sent my e-mails when it hadn’t. So apologies if you were expecting an e-mail from me and haven’t had one. It seems to be working again since I reset it all – although for a while I was getting 4 copies of everything.

My second Grr is human based – we have just waited in all day for a delivery we were promised would arrive today – and it hasn’t. Familiar story, I know, but irritating none the less. And as it’s a five barred gate its not the sort of thing they can leave in the porch.

So now we have to phone and ask why, if on Wednesday they told Wensleydale to his face it would be delivered today – it wasn’t. And when are they going to deliver it?

IMG_7676

  Ah, well – back to the shells.This one isn’t really gold inside, but it looks as if it ought to be.

No embroidery today, but I have made a duvet cover and pillow case for Babybel. I gave up making adult sized bedding a long time ago – my boredom threshold is too short for those long straight seams – but cot-sized is tolerable, and I had a piece of pretty flowered cotton that was just the right size. No photo, I’m afraid, because they are in the wash, as the fabric had been sitting in my stash for – mmm – a year or two …

No comments: