'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 20 July 2009

Some more bark

IMG_7030

 

I’m not sure which tree this was as it’s a while since I took the photo – and I suspect losing your bark is not a sign of health – but there are some interesting shapes and colours there. Recently I seem to be seeing everything as canvas work – which is probably something I should take notice of.

Wensleydle and I stumbled on an interesting little exhibition today – in the Courtyard Cafe under the Guildhall in Winchester. It’s called ‘Food for Thought’ and includes paintings, photographs and some textiles – soft sculpture and embroideries. I particularly liked ‘French Fancy’ – a joky little embroidery of a cake – and a Gallic charmer.

The real coffee and cakes are good too.

No comments: