'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 3 July 2009

This and that

First, thanks to Layers upon Layers for the link to Recycle Runway, which has lots of ideas for creative embroiderers who don’t like to throw anything away. I love the decorations made from Coke cans – it’s a pity we don’t drink Coke, or any other canned drink, come to that.

And how about this – although I wouldn’t like to sit down in it! Wensleydale has a lot of nails – I’m sure he wouldn’t miss a few.

As this seems to be turning into a links post, how about this wind powered knitting machine via Craft?

I’ve spent the afternoon stewarding for the Contemporary Textiles course at college. We were quite busy and a lot of nice things were said about the work. There are also displays by C&G Embroidery, Patchwork and Creative Sketchbooks, BTEC Photography and the life drawing class. Pretty impressive all round.

I spent a little time [anIMG_7444d money] with the traders – Art Van Go  and Winifred Cottage. Who could resist?

The odd shape in this image is one of our Bauhaus knock-off chairs, in case you are wondering. The lovely paper bag under all the goodies is from Art Van go, guaranteed printable.

IMG_7399

Thank you for the comments suggesting that I am perfectly normal. So to prove it today’s texture photo is – a mouldy satsuma.

 

 

 

 

IMG_7375

It reminds me of these,  which I spotted at Mottisfont yesterday – also soft and green and plushy. Hand dyed velvet or French knots in a chenille thread – or velvet stitch perhaps, if I was feeling very patient.

No comments: