'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 10 July 2009

Yet more texture

IMG_7015

We have pine trees in addition to apple trees – or they may be firs, I'm not sure of the difference. Possibly as a result we have a lot of squirrels. I know grey squirrels are vermin – rats with nicer tails – but then I like rats too – although not the wild kind.

So today’s texture image is a pine cone – and some interesting texture in the grass too. Possibly some canvas work stitches for an abstract pine cone, and random Bokhara couching for the grass?

I had hoped to show you a book as well – but my 2.5 metre length of thread was about 5 cm too short. So that is on hold till tomorrow when it will be restitched with a slightly longer piece …

No comments: