'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 9 August 2014

Holiday at Home

As I expected, it's been a busy week: Dorset on Monday, Hampshire on Tuesday, Buckinghamshire on Wednesday, and Berkshire/Oxfordshire on Friday. The National Trust membership cards got a thorough workout. 


Now there's cycling this weekend, (great women's race) so no chance of a quiet time. But the little guys are back from an exciting couple of weeks in France, so we should get back to normal on Monday. Well, what passes for normal around here. Mostly we enjoyed our holiday, but we had some glitches and some bad news, and it will be nice to get back to our routine.


Despite the gadding about, some needlework has been done.


So, here is the routine sock photo. It is an even more repulsive colour combination than the last pair, but I reckon if someone notices your socks, there's a fair chance they are grovelling at your feet, in which case the colour doesn't matter. And I'm at the age when warm feet matter more than style.






A snippet of my piece for the Visual Marks Christmas exhibition. One down, several more to go.
















And this week's book. Despite the arrival of some more acetates, I felt like making a paper book, so here it is. Instructions here. I didn't have any suitable postcards, so I improvised with a cardboard mailer - now there's a surprise. I think I could probably include some acetates in the format (I like dos-a-dos books), so there may be another one next week. Watch this space.

No comments: