as have aprons. And mind maps.
Fortunately I made the apron before the decisions, or poor Mrs Cheese Minor might have had to wait a long time for it.
It was going to be a quick job – find a pattern on the internet, find a bit of fabric, and whip it up.
Mmm – well, the pattern I found turned out to be enormous even on me, and Mrs CM is considerably slimmer. So the first one has become a dyeing apron, as it covers most of Cheese Acres, and this one is smaller – although still quite big.
I decided it looked a bit boring, so why not add a bit of machine embroidery? – just an automatic pattern, nothing too time consuming.
That bit was OK – but when i came to top stitch the other sides, the thread kept breaking -
and break ing
and br eak ing.
I changed the needle – twice. rethreaded the machine top and bottom times without number, adjusted tensions in all directions. finally moved the spool from the vertical prong to the horizontal prong – and it that seemed to solve it.
So, sorry Mrs CM, bits of it should not be looked at too closely – but it should help to keep you clean.
On Wednesday I hauled half the contents of my work room into college, and did quite a lot of printing and a bit of stitch – which I have forgotten to photograph.
In the afternoon I had my tutorial, and after inspection of my summer work [most of which is now quite definitely samples], judgment was given,
but primarily this, together with its baby brother, have been given the thumbs up.
The rest, nowhere.
We then had a long discussion about where I could go from – and I was sent away to see ‘What if?’ and make 15, all different, by Christmas.
At which I quailed just a tad.
I realise that what I should have done this summer was just try out ideas without worrying about what constituted a PC – and leave making decisions till now. Which is what I did in the end, [but not ‘without worrying’]
So, last night I made a mind map [don’t I always?] and came up with several ideas – which I am already considering diverting from…
Never very good at doing what I’m told, me.
As it was a lovely day, I went out and took photos using the different settings on my camera – which I may Photoshop later, for the PMS. I’ve gone back to the idea of making a book as well – although according to Sue the tutor, the bunch of sticks is a book because it’s got a cover [sticks top and bottom] pages [rolled up newspaper] and a binding [plastic cord]. Works for me.
This afternoon I made another one, with cellophane. This may be a way to use up some of the acres of paper-like substances i have squirreled away.
One down, 14 to go – unless I include the originals…