'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 16 January 2016

Progress - or not?

Definitely progress on the fifth glove - if we don't count the ones I made over the summer, which I thought were removed samples but which other people seem to think may be more than that - in which case it' she sixth or seventh. It's got to the stage where it isn't easy to move around so I've started another, smaller one I can take out with me.

More progress, though it's better late than never. I decided to make some full size mockups using recycled magic gloves, some cheap polyester jersey and the rejected armature system. Oh, and some wire, some rubber gloves and some expanding foam. (I went a bit OTT with the foam.) Of course, I've had all holiday to make them, so I'm doing them during the last weekend. When these are set I will add the gloves and jersey sleeves.
Not much progress. I've got lots of ideas, but I've been knitting instead. I started the sample when I was working on the never-ending black glove, because I was so bored with it. Since that was finished, the sample has been a bit neglected. But come May I'll have nothing to do...

 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Come May you will have nothing to do...
Knowing you, I can't actually believe that. But wow! to have nothing to do. You should take a 'real' break and read a book... go on holiday where you are Not going to galleries and exhibitions!
Sandy