'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 19 November 2010

Not much to show

for a day with no outside commitments. apart from going shopping, which always seems to take much longer than it ought.IMG_3499

I did manage to put the viaduct into an embroidery frame. [Not only am I odd enough to prefer hand stitch, I like to do it in a good big frame.]

I had another look at my threads in daylight and changed half of them. Still haven’t got a perfect blue but I'm going to try what I’ve got for now and get something different if I have to – I’m trying to reduce my stash after all.IMG_3494

This afternoon we went out to the Hillier Gardens, both for a walk between the showers,  and to visit their current exhibition, ‘A Material World’. We saw some interesting stuff.

 

IMG_3498

I resisted the temptation to buy some of the wonderful hand-dyed/hand spun knitting yarn or the bags of roving, but I did fall for some recycled sari silk [stash reduction? maybe not…] and a felt brooch for my new coat.

Trouble is I now need a red scarf to go with it, as i think it might clash with the cerise one I’ve been wearing. Of course I will knit it myself but I don’t think I’ve got any suitable wool…

No comments: