'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 11 April 2012

The sun goes in ...

the rain comes down, and the productivity and enthusiasm comes down with it.

Partly because 'Saga' doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I think the more effort I put into it, the less I like it. After rolling the tubes, sanding them [should have stopped there], adding the crud, sanding off the crud, and colouring them with coffee, I started stringing them together. And decided that the result was b-o-r-i-n-g.

So I deconstructed what little I'd done and slept on it.

Today I sprinkled them with gold and black ink.



Mmm - maybe not. Back to the sand paper? Give up? Go for the Kaffe Fassett solution - if 20 colours aren't working, add another 20 - or in this case. another 2?





Although this ['Lost Words'] is sort-of-finished, I'm not sure where to go from here. It is quite tiny, and I think probably needs a frame - but what sort of frame?  And what size? And do I want to include something about the source? I'm tempted to get a bit kitsch and add lace and dried flowers - but I have a funny feeling that would not go down well in some quarters...














So I decided to tidy the workroom [I was that desperate] until I got distracted into trying out the collagraphs I made in college before Easter.

Mmm - shouldn't have bothered.









And that led into some stripy monoprints - which were better before I decided to add a watercolour wash to some of them.












But life is not all gloom - Wensleydale and I had a pleasant morning doing things like having blood pressure taken [him - he's 'normal'] and buying shoes [me] and finishing off with coffee and lovely fresh Danish pastries in the Cathedral restaurant.

No comments: