'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 13 December 2015

Not a good week...

  1. A car repair was needed - not too expensive this time, but if it breaks down again...
  2. We were summoned to pick up a poorly VHC from school, although in the end daddy got there quicker. Nothing serious as it turned out, but worrying.
  3. I broke Babybel's Christmas present (a little statuette of a foal) when I dropped it while trying to wrap it up. Wensleydale thinks he can mend it, but I have ordered an alternative present. Amazing what Googling 'presents for pony lovers' comes up with!
  4. Burnt gloves - although that was deliberate. I was told to be a bit more experime- so here are some experiments. I was a little too cautious with the lace one, so I'll have another go later. The wool one was very reluctant to burn, and stank, so that one will stay as it is.

Less traumatic, but still disheartening, progress on this was slow, unexciting and uninspired. (The marking is Frixion, so it will come out. I hope.
And this was also slow: I shall be glad to see it finished. Only 1.5 balls of the black DK to go.
The next couple of weeks are going to be hectic. Carol concerts, big birthdays (Wensleydale's, not mine), lots of grandparenting including a sleepover, people for a Christmas meal for the first time for years... We may not survive until 2016. (Doesn't it seem a long time since we were getting excited about 2000?)
 
 

 

No comments: