'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 7 February 2016

I always knew...

this was going to be a busy week, but it turned out even busier than I expected. In the middle of an insomniac night (the busier I am, the worse I sleep) I worked out that when I was working, I averaged 45 hours a week out of the house (i.e. work + travel) - last week it was about 47. More travelling, less 'work', different responsibilities, even more tiring, I think, because, on the whole, my work was predictable and more under my control. And of course, I'm just a tad older.

So what did I achieve in that time? I drove 270+ miles, attended two tutorials, one lecture and a session on writing a CV, which is not something I really think I need. Then the usual two days with the little guys, and some shopping: one morning buying groceries and one buying a new car. As you do. Then there's the follow up to new car buying - forms, insurance, finding the documentation for the old car, and so on.

 

Several scary Uni deadlines are about to whizz past, making a likeable noise, so the gaps in my programme have been filled with deciding which bit of the art studios I would like for the degree show, writing my artist's statement for the show brochure, and taking photos of my work for the same. Of course, nothing is completely finished, so the best glove had some of its ends darned in and was yanked over a makeshift framework so it doesn't look too bad.

All this is why, despite their arrival on Monday, this eclectic collection of flyers didn't become a book till an insomniac Friday night/Saturday morning. This week there was another pamphlet, containing 'Water Hand Information', so I repeated last week's idea of pop-ups between the pages. Four of them are hand shaped, but as you can see, one wasn't, as I couldn't bring myself to cut up these handsome fellows.
I'm hoping next week is a little quieter, as I have only one session at Uni, but it is filling up quickly.

 

 

 

No comments: