'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Slash and burn.

Make that stitch and burn.P1000634

This – yesterday’s sample -

 

 

 

 

 

 

image

led to 21 of these – a stitched photo before and after burning. [You can tell that I am still coming to terms with my new camera.]

 

I like the way the stitch makes the bottle cap look almost 3D.

 

 

image

Safety procedures were followed – although I forget to wear my mask , and the process is smelly.

 

 

 

 

 

P1000648

The burned scraps are waiting to be stitched together.

The yellow background is temporary - my messy surface, which is a John Lewis bag over foam board. Useful because I can lift it off the table onto the floor when I want to do something odd like eat off the table.

All that after a bad night, a visit to the gym, and the usual chores.

Will it last?

No comments: