'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Too busy to blog?

Life is specially busy at the moment because we have resumed our regular child minding mornings, looking after Babybel and the VHC twice a week. You forget the amount of time and stuff it takes to look after a baby, even a sunny natured little bruiser like the VHC. Fun - but we get home and collapse...

However, last weekend I got my act together and tackled some of the college work that I have been procrastinating about. Well, the business plan is due in tomorrow so I had to get that finished.

After much head scratching I got Big Mac to recognise that the Epson printer has its own menu of settings and that I wanted to use them. [Answer - download updated drivers. Sounds like I know what I'm doing? I don't, but it worked.] This was so I could print an A3 copy of 'Ashes to Ashes' for college tomorrow. That's the piece formerly known as 'Earth to Earth'. I found I kept calling it 'A to A' - possibly because I'd been bottling ashes. As you do.



I also finished 'Lost Words'. Amazing how effective deadliness can be. [These don't have to be handed in yet, but we are due to talk about our exhibition tomorrow so I thought I'd better have some samples ready.]





And POT got its photo taken.

















I found some time for my new no-thought-required embroidery, from an inherited 1955 transfer.  I am having fun with this, despite the vast amount of satin stitch, because it is so mindless.















And I have continued to twiddle around with Dave Loveland's recipes - seems to be a theme here of just following instructions!

Dave has been running a short series based on a rejected photo. I don't know what his original looked like - this is mine, taken when I first got Paddy and was finding out what it could do. [I am NOT showing you the photos I took with the backwards facing camera...]















And this is what I did with the bookshelves, following Dave's recipes as far as I could because:
a)  I don't have the same apps and
b) I am not good at doing what I'm told.

Interesting what a variety you can get with a bit of twiddling. I love the two that look like Coke cans.


So now you know why I wasn't blogging.

1 comment:

Margaret Cooter said...

Transfers - ah, that takes me back to happy times, the mindless embroidery! So many decisions now...